Founded in 1940 by Clayton Long and Art Moss, Valley Pipe & Supply Co. started as a supplier of industrial pipe, valves, fittings and plumbing fixtures and supplies. With its office in the center of the agricultural rich San Joaquin Valley, Fresno became a hub for many food processing facilities, chemical plants, wineries and OEM manufacturers. By the mid 1960’s the company became involved with several manufacturers of waterworks underground pipe, valves, fittings and fire hydrants and established itself by supplying these products to municipalities and contractors from Modesto to Bakersfield.
In 1966, one of the founders, Art Moss passed away leaving Clayton Long as the remaining officer in the company. Mr. Long, needing help in day to day operations of the business that had grown to fifteen employees, brought his son Donald Long and Richard Ermoian into the business as partners. In 1967 the company incorporated with Don and Dick becoming corporate officers.
During the 1970’s and 80’s, Valley Pipe & Supply Inc. continued to grow and expand and in 1989 negotiated to purchase the prints and patterns of winery pumps, three-way must valves, PCT fittings and machinery from long time Fresno business – Valley Foundry & Machine Works. Shortly thereafter, a fabrication shop was added to continue the long tradition of supplying quality products throughout North America.
In the early 1990’s, Don Long and Dick Ermoian retired and the third generation of the Long family took over management of the company. Mitchell and Charles, both sons of Don Long, have grown up in the business and assumed leadership roles as President and Treasurer.
By the mid 1990’s Valley Pipe & Supply was looking to expand its winery supply business by establishing sales office in Napa, California and the state of Sonora, Mexico.
Copyright © 2018 Valley Pipe & Supply Inc. All Rights Reserved.